The Bridgewater Canal links Manchester, Leigh, and Runcorn. It was constructed by Francis Egerton, the 3rd Duke of Bridgewater, to ship coal from his mines in Worsley to Manchester. The Worsley to Manchester section opening in 1761. There were subsequent extension from Manchester to Runcorn, Sale to Stockport, and Worsley to Leigh.
The photograph shows the section of the Bridgewater Canal that passes through Sale town centre. It was taken from Northenden Road. The Kings Ransom pub is on the right of the picture.
- Camera: DSC-RX100
- Focal length: 10.4mm
- Flash fired: no
- Shutter speed: 1/200s
- Aperture: ƒ/6.3
- ISO: 125
Bridgewater Canal and the surrounding area is shown in the map below.